Friday, September 18, 2009

Farm Fun



















When I first left school in 1999, I became a nanny for my then dentist, Cheryl. I didn't really know what I was doing, and Hannah was about 6 months old when I began taking care of her. I quickly got comfortable hanging out all day with a little person who couldn't walk, talk or feed herself, and it turned out to be an awesome experience, she was such a wonderful and curious baby. My mom used to say things like "she acts just like you did when you were a baby" which actually wasn't so strange, as our birthdays are only one day apart, and I guess you're a leo from the day you are born. I stayed with the family only for about a year and a half, until I moved back to New York. We have kept in great touch with each other, I visit Hannah who is now 10, and her little sister Booboo at least once a year on their beautiful farm in Maryland. What is so interesting is that now that Hannah is an age that I can remember being, she really is so much like me that it's uncanny. She hams it up in a major way, and almost every picture I have of her she is making some kind of silly face, which I was sort of known for my entire childhood. These photos were taken last summer, we had such a great time, Hansel never seemed more at home than on a farm running through expansive pastures... He was in heaven, that is, until he was kicked in the face by their donkey. I never knew, but a donkeys job in a pasture is to keep predator animals out.. foxes, coyotes, whatever. Hansel was a stranger to him, so the donkey just clocked him with his hind leg straight in the jaw from the side. My poor dog came rushing to me wimpering with a sad bloody face.. it split the whole inside of his jowl. Luckily he was ok, didn't break a tooth, and got over it pretty fast. He seems to really love the camera, huh? Well, there will be more from the farm soon, I'll be back there next weekend. Can't wait to see these faces again!

No comments:

Post a Comment