Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bulge is the New Black




On Tuesday I purchased a scale for $7 and a pair of (bigger than normal) jeans for $80. Yes, a special pair of jeans since I cannot fit into any of my pants right now, let alone any of my clothes. I have gained over 20 lbs in one year, and shopping for clothes I like has become searching for anything that will not look like a complete abomination on my body. And I love my friends for telling me I am beautiful just how I am, and even for telling me they understand, and their clothes don't fit either.. only thing is most of them are pregnant so at least they have an excuse. I am even getting that fat back and bra-strap thing. And, while I am just complaining like crazy can I also say how inconvenient boobs are? Like, these things are out of control! Get the fuck out of my way, boobs! Quit getting bigger, puberty was over half my life ago! Quit ruining all my outfits! Quit busting buttons of my shirts and dresses! Go to hell! Sigh.. I wish I was an A. Remember when you were younger and you actually couldn't wait to get boobs? Well no one told you back then what a scam it would end up being, and that every cute dress you would try on in 2010 would be designed for a virtually breastless woman. Oh man, I'm sorry. You probably think I am being crazy and vain and self indulgent.. You're thinking this wolf needs an attitude adjustment. I just feel so exhausted these past few weeks, overworked and unhappy, and not having anything to wear because none of my clothes fit is making everything feel way worse. Like I can't even wear my cute clothes while I'm having a crappy day. And who really wants to go buy a new spring wardrobe for their bigger self? Someone needs to sit me down and say "Listen, Big Girl: It's time to hit the gym." I love you and I promise, I still love me too!

1 comment:

  1. Taryn, I feel you. On all points, but especially the boobs.

    ReplyDelete